Monday, May 8, 2017

Why Did I Decide to Become a Doula?

I often get the question "Why a doula?" especially by people who don't always understand what a Doula does. Personally, I decided to become a doula because I care about and love people. Childbirth is one of the most personal and memorable things a woman will ever do and caring for a newborn can sometimes become overwhelming. I want to help mom's (and dad's) feel more confident about their decisions in childbirth and in caring for their newborn by not only being a non-judgmental support system, but by also educating them about evidence based practices.

Our current medical system is not doing the natural process of birth justice. Women's bodies were not only designed for this, but women's bodies know what to do and when without any second thought. Your body will tell you when baby is ready to come out and your body will tell you when you need push. I believe birth to be one of the most natural things I woman can do and I want to educate and empower her to have the best birth possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment