Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My First Birth Experience

I can't seem to find the right words to start this post, so I'll just jump right in. Last week, I got to experience my first birth. I am absolutely in awe of the whole experience, it has almost left me speechless. No amount of studying, reading or viewing videos of birth could have ever prepared me to see it first hand and to be a part of the action. I am so amazed at our bodies ability and design, the strength women have and the miracle of life itself.

Throughout my training and up until I left for the hospital, I kept thinking to myself "Is this what I want to do?" "Will this make me happy" and now I know that 100% for sure, THIS is what I want to do with my life. I want to empower women to advocate for themselves, I want to support them, educate them and their partner on the process of childbirth and on caring for their newborn. Being able to be such an important role in my client's lives is a blessing and an honor. Their trust in me during such an intimate time, is something that I will never be able to thank them enough for no matter how many families I support and how many birth's I attend.

At the current moment I am offering postpartum support. I absolutely loved my first birth doula experience, however my schedule is not flexible enough to properly support births. I am so thrilled to be able to offer postpartum support to moms, dads, and babies and am excited to continue learning and growing alongside my clients. Thank you to everyone who has helped me to get to this point, and thank you to everyone who I will be serving and supporting throughout the rest of my doula career.

No comments:

Post a Comment